Where do I get something embedded in plastic or glass?

I am looking to embed something in glass or plastic. What I mean by that is to say I want to take a small item and put in in a block of glass or plastic so I can keep it forever without it breaking easily. Where can I get a kit or pay someone to do this for me. Also what is it called what I want to do?