I found a piece of glass at a yard sale its date is may 30 1911 i was just wondering if someon knew its value?

the glass is about 6inch by 6 inch it has 3 slots at front and 2 deep hole in back its first date is may 30 1911 and the second dats is nov 5 1912

1. pandatome
    on November 30th, -0001

I think what you’ve found is a glass insulator. These used to be used on telephone and telegraph lines to insulate the electric line from the wooden pole. Later on, the companies started using ceramic insulators, and people started collecting the old glass ones. I don’t know exactly what yours would be worth. I used to collect them about 25 years ago and most were worth $10-$20. But there are collectors’ catalogues that will tell you the retail value if you can match your insulator to the picture. They’re worth more if they have dates on them — these are usually patent dates.

Share your comment

I found a piece of glass at a yard sale its date is may 30 1911 i was just wondering if someon knew its value?

the glass is about 6inch by 6 inch it has 3 slots at front and 2 deep hole in back its first date is may 30 1911 and the second dats is nov 5 1912

1. SkateRForeveR
    on November 30th, -0001

There are antique books you can look at, Kovel’s is the big one, even Roadside America… you can pay a few bucks to get it appraised by any reputable antique shop.

Assume when you go to a yard sale, if it’s not first thing in the morning, the antiquers and collectors already looked for the good stuff.

What does it say on the glass?

Share your comment